Monday, March 2, 2009

Guess Who I Saw Today

I don't trust the temperature for signs that spring has come to Provo; it's too unreliable. But there is someone I do trust. And I heard him sing today. 

My roommate Taylor thinks it's crazy that I can identify some birds by sound alone. :) Guess I have my upbringing to thank for that one. I'm just glad that I could prove I was right about it being a robin that I heard-- he decided to make himself known and both Taylor and I got a glimpse of his charming feather colors. 

Ahh, sweet bliss! My feathered friends return. Happy Spring, everyone!
 

4 comments:

shelly said...

OH! I love robins! They are actually my very favorite memory of going to visit my grandparents in Utah when I was a little girl. They had an amazing garden and I remember watching those beautiful birds getting worms -- they just don't have robins in San Diego! Thanks for the memory, Rachel.

Rachel EM said...

Anything for you, Shelly!

Alicia said...

I surely wish Houston had robins. You'll have to soak every little bit of Utah spring in for me. :)

MomM said...

What??? No robins in Texas? Now I really don't want to move!!!