Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Frank? Isn't she--" "I.... can't help myself."


I know I just barely posted another winter frenzied glory, but I can't help myself. I have to tell you-- my walk at sunset last night was glorious! White snow paints such a canvas for sunset! Mt. Timp was bathed in rose. I love winter sunsets. The way each twig is illuminated into silhouette. Or how the sun empties the sky and leeches all warmth from the earth and you can see it happening; all that remains is silent frost and blue. Nothing in spring, summer, or fall can match it. And outside during the night, hearth glow and street lamps paint pockets of golden warmth in the arctic, inviting you to shelter somewhere ...homey.

Winter is so crisp and fresh and (after a snowfall) clean! The sky is clearer, stars are more bright, and snow is so
pretty. How can you NOT love it? I already want it back. *sigh* I shall simply remember that I am in the minority and be grateful for the recurrent lingering frost I've been given. *sigh*

Props to anyone who can guess the quote-post-title-thingy. Aha.

3 comments:

Diana Mildenstein said...

Ah, alas. I miss the snow. I am one of the rare ones that loves the snow too. Thank you for your posts!
I sure miss you!

Joni said...

"She's touching herself, she's sweating!"

;)

Rachel EM said...

YAY! Joni gets the prize.

If you couldn't figure it out, the movie was YOU'VE GOT MAIL.