Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Believe the Storybooks I Read By Candelight

Link to the Lyrics

Link to the other* Fiona song, "Morning Person."

Delightful, fresh, and brand-spanking-broadway-exclusive: "I Know It's Today." I've listened to this song innumerable times, which is probably why it interuppted my thoughts during my final exams. It's from Shrek the Musical, which debuted in NYC a few weeks ago. The rest of the show is okay, but Fiona's two songs are fabulous. Hence the posting.


Sorry for the quality-- but I preferred this staging better than the clip from the Today show, so this is the one you get. It was filmed during the preview tour in Seattle.

Adult Fiona is played by Sutton Foster (if you don't recognize that name, well... she's huge on broadway. She was the first Modern-Millie, Jo in Little Women, and she was in the Drowsy Chaperone, etc.) 

*Alicia, you need to watch Morning Person. You'll love the dance break! 

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I really did like the break! What a fun idea! But the three girls were fabulous!