Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Aurelian Ball's Final Exam


Otherwise entitled, name what movie and character each letter references.

Multiple Choice. What will Rachel do now that school is out for summer?

A) Scream YAWP and murmur CARPE beside unsuspecting miscreants.
B) "Bet my tights I won't be working in a freak show like this."
C) Recall memories of a past life where I stand trial accused of being witch, frequently argue (in song) with my alter ego, and avoid strangers singing to me in french accents.
D) Read from a sealed book, survive shipwreck, destroy artifacts, and kiss a man on death row.
E) Marry three times (for revenge, real-estate, and money) then decide to worry about everything tomorrow.
F) Claim that life without the man I stalk "is a hopeless abyss of misery and despair," be sent to Paris, get a make make-over, then come home and get billionaire brothers to fight over me.
G) Lie about my identity, fight gypsies, not find my conviction exhausting, be sold as a slave to a lecherous bald man, appear to be an angel with wings, and have my portrait hung in a library for a few centuries.
H) Change into a khaki linen dress with a blue cardigan, sniff scotch tape, forget to vote while getting a manicure, and fall in love with my worst enemy who may or may not a) be the zipper man on Amsterdam avenue, b) have 152 shot glasses, or c) be my best friend.
I) Hang over the side of a cliff while screaming for help, play the piano, fall in love with a mountain man, and disobey my fathers wishes, all the while having hideously frizzy black hair.
J) Hear voices, see dead people, hunt down famous authors so I can take them to baseball games, pretend my finger is a gun, and nearly lose my farm.
K) Discuss air supremacy underneath a table with British WWII officers while the Germans bomb our hideaway.
L) Cause rain twice a day for two years, sew a shiny blue spandex shirt with a letter J on it, and sing songs about how eggs, roses, and friends all come in dozens.
M) Lose my father and social status, have my heart trod upon by a dashing young man who dumps me for a snooty rich girl after his secret past causes a scandal, nearly die of despair, and ultimately marry a "besotted" sentimental older man who gives me a piano and reads me poetry.
N) Donate all my worldly clothes (save one) to the poor, make play clothes out of old drapes, cause a rare but happy world of indigestion, and climb the alps.
O) Develop a crush on a boy my father hit with the car, and think his brand of underwear is actually his name.
P) Hide a note for my father in a rhododendron bush, travel to America, lose a fortune in the form of silver spoons, learn how to plunge and scrub, and demand that my "brother" give me back my pillow.
R)
Stab a girl in the chest after she wakes me while I'm sleeping.
S)
Be carried off by an abominable snow creature, get my hand cut off, mistake the master I seek for a meddlesome swamp dweller, kiss my twin sister, and throw myself down an air-shaft.
T) Talk to a brawny man late at night "out at the wood pile," and "squabble" with my girlfriend the next day after she accuses me of planning it.
U) Engineer a four-foot prune, even though the successful results will be sadly temporary.
V) Walk twelve miles to a slack dump just to get off company property, tear up strips of abandoned railway, get an autographed picture of a scientist for my birthday, drop out of high school, and have the best soundtrack in the world for a theme song.
W) Bake a lunch guaranteed to give a man a three-day bellyache.
X)
See a "fine collection of Russian nesting dolls," use violence to win money, buy fresh ingredients, and wear stretchy pants.
Y) Dance about in my superior's clothes, pretend to be someone I'm not, fall under a witch's spell, fight in tournament, beg a cockatiel's pardon, and trance-like say "midnight--horses at the north gate."
Z) Attend a party thinking that I look "like a butterfly," lose a fight to a crippled old man, drink water from a glass with a dead man's hand floating in it, and cut a girl's corset off in a barn.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Some of these may take a while!

Rachel EM said...

How about this, Mom-- you focus on letter C. Si? Yes.

Unknown said...

Oh, I got that one and several others!

Alicia said...

"With a willow-willow-wailee and a nonny nonny (whistle here)"

The vessel with the pessel has the pellet with the poison, the flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!