Thursday, April 16, 2009

That Wise Guy


Cheers to the man who so wisely and wittily wrote; with a smile that great he must have been quite someone.  

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one."

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." 

"Adults are just obsolete children."

"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room."

“Shorth is better than length.”

6 comments:

MomM said...

You did mean "short", didn't you? If so, I agree! Great quotes! The Dr. was a great guy, huh?!

Alicia said...

My favorite is the one about smiling because it happened. I think I'll put that one on my blog if you don't mind...:)

Rachel EM said...

Actually, no-- he spelled it SHORTH. Which is why I think he and Dad would be friends.

shelly said...

I've always felt a kinship with Dr. Suess! Growing up in San Diego, I always felt like he was more "mine" than anyone else's -- but I now feel ready to share:) What would the world be if he hadn't been born? Surely not nearly as fun!

shelly said...

Sorry -- I can't seem to write everything I"m thinking in just one comment! I say the San Diego thing because even though he was born in Massachusetts, he lived in La Jolla for my entire childhood and my kids', also. Just a little trivia.

Rachel EM said...

Oooooh... fun!