Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Festival of Nations

BYU Folk Dance club held a concert last night called "Spring Festival of Nations." My team represented the country of Israel (my second favorite country!) and I must say we looked fabulous. With the exception that our director insisted that we have pony tails (Note to Ed Austin: pony tails do not flatter when combined with boat necks and full 
skirts).  

I'm not in this shot, but I'm just barely out of the frame. :(


I had the best lift-parter ever: Chandler Brown, thank you! Unfortunately this is a bad angle to see us at, but we look perfect. Really! I had people on PAC tell me afterward that I looked "really great on that shoulder lift." Thanks to Chandler we nailed it every time! We were so good at that lift we even got put front and center in our formation, even if the angle of this picture doesn't show it. I'm so proud of me...

It's kinda scary to balance all your weight on the shoulder of a guy that's 6'2" while your legs are wrapped behind his back, especially when you have to vault off of his knee to get onto his shoulder in the first place, all the while praying that you'll get your butt-cheek in exactly the right position so he can stand up without you falling to your death. But we did it. 

End of slow "Ma Navu" music, aka Part 1. Cue the Hora! 

"Ahhhhhnd one,  and two, and twirly twirly twirly." (Also not me)

Good friends: Rachel Spencer, Tiffany Dunn (in Russian garb) and me with my tiny waist-- that's not just the angle either! 

Team 1RB, hooray for us! Can you find me? I'm the cute porcelain doll in the teal dress...

Behold the copious hair spray residue coating my hair after said performance ended. Yikes! Also note my cunningly blended stage make-up. Thank you Mother for teaching me about Albolene; thanks to you all of my eyeshadow melted right off. 

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Hooray for you!!! Spring Festival was always fun, and it looks like you did fabulously. :) I can't wait to see what fun adventures you have with SPAC!

Bill said...

HAAAAAAAAAAIR!!!!

AND wow, that IS a tiny waist!

Alicia said...

You look amazing Rach! Glad you had fun

Alicia said...

That last comment was from your Mom on Alicia's computer!