Friday, April 3, 2009

Melissa



You have gumption. You have class.  You never settle for less than the best.  You are more capable than anyone I know.  You have impeachable taste. You've got sensational hair. You work too hard, but even do that with style and flair. You taught me to create merriment amidst the ugliest tasks. You fill me with awe. Your devotion to the truths our family cherishes couldn't be stronger. You inspire me. You daily redefine the limits of what can be accomplished. There's nothing you can't do. You've always considered it your job to watch out for me, and for that I thank you. Everyday you grin and bear it to make others' lives easier. There's nothing you won't do for those you love.  You're a beacon of what it means to choose the better part. You've shown me what life can be like when really lived. You'll always be my "superperson."

I love you. I believe in you. I look to you as a model of what I'd like to be. I'm so lucky to be your little sister.  

Happy Birthday, Buddy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Rach...You have a knack for saying just the right things. You are amazing...as I might add is your big sister. We love you Melissa. Happy Birthday!

Bill said...

I love siblings. They make me happy. :-)

Your sister is beautiful, by the way.

Rachel EM said...

I know-- she's a knockout.

Alicia said...

Ah...well spoken sir, I mean m'am.