Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Prose Master

"He would make a lovely corpse."

"Reflect upon your present blessings of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."

"There are books of which the backs and covers are by far the best parts."


"This is a world of action, and not for moping and droning in."


"It opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes, and softens down the temper; so cry away."

"Papa, potatoes, poultry, prunes and prism, are all very good words for the lips.
"

"There are strings in the human heart that had better not be vibrated."


"There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast."

"We forge the chains we wear in life."

(and my personal favorite) "To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart."

Charles Dickens

No comments: