Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Maurits Cornelis Escher

You will likely recognize "Relativity," one of MC Escher's most famous works. Underneath it are duplications of it, both in 3D--which is kinda cool,  and in Lego form-- which is awesome. 
 


"We live in a beautiful and orderly world, not in a chaos without norms, even though this is how it sometimes appears." 

"I don't grow up. In me is the small child of my early days."

"So let us then try to climb the mountain, not by stepping on what is below us, but to pull us up at what is above us, for my part at the stars; amen."

"Only those who attempt the absurd... will achieve the impossible. I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check."

2 comments:

Bill said...

Okay, that lego form is pure genius.

Also, you keep bringing up some of my favorite things that I'm less vocal about. You rule.

Rachel EM said...

Why thank you, Bill. : )