Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Presidents Day

Who said which quote? Do you know?

"It is better to be alone than in bad company."

"Those who deny freedom to others do not deserve it themselves and under a just god cannot long retain it."

"Laws made by common consent must not be trampled on by individuals."

"I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world."

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

"It is difficult to make a man miserable when he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him."

5 comments:

Alicia said...

I know George Washington said the one about being on his farm. And for a second I was confused about the three men in the top picture. Then I realized they are all George at different stages of his life. And I've seen those wax figures at Mt. Vernon - they're incredible!

MomM said...

The one about denying freedom is Lincoln!

Melissa said...

1- washington
2- lincoln
3- washington
4- washington
5- lincoln
6- lincoln

6 totally being my favorite (divine nature and all). Love it! Great post

Rachel EM said...

Correct as usual, Queen Tuesdays. :)

MomM said...

Rachel...did you expect anything less from the Queen of presidents???