Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Somewhere Breathtaking

I have decided that a summer in Italy might just be ideal. Think about it! Tasty food, sculpture, music, architecture, natural beauty, and of course history. Not to mention the romantic nature Hollywood* publishes for the country? Roman Holiday? Hello! What's not to die for? Think about it-- a summer in Italy. Seriously.


Volterra


Firenze


Lake Misurina (who knew Italy had places like THIS?)


and... somewhere breathtaking in Italy.


Tuscany


Best for last: The Neptune Fountain in Rome. ROME ROME ROME ROME ROME!

*
And I quote. 1. "Venice! Oh, I loooooove Venice!" 2."Legend tells that if you tell it a lie and stick your hand in there it will be bitten. Off." 3."Thank you, Father. Friends of mine were hoping to go to Rome for a few weeks during carnival... [of course you may go] ROME!" 4. "It-lee? What's my wife doing in It-lee?" 5. "No milk and crackers.")

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Breathtaking photos! I'll go with you!

Rachel EM said...

YES PLEASE! I'd LOVE to go with you, Mom. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE? Can we bring Dad too? Don't worry-- we'll abandon him if he reads too long in the museums and go shoe shopping. hahaha

shelly said...

You should have Heather show you her photos of the Neptune Fountain -- it was surreal. The sky looked exactly like the fake sky in Caesar's Palace...only real! Ha! My heart kind of stopped when we were there == just didn't even seem real. So hard to explain, but I'll never forget it! Yes, you need to go.