Friday, July 10, 2009

For the Birds

I found this charming mobile design on DIYourself Blog, and fell in love with it. It just screams whimsy! If I ever get around to making it I think I'll make a black and white bird with an extra long tail-- magpies are my favorite. :)

There's something joyously cheerful about birdsong being the first sound you hear in the morning. Don't you just love birds? I do. My parents taught me about all the local types we have in Provo, and I can now identify a number of them just by the way they sound. (Thanks, Dad.)

Maybe if I sing to these birdies every morning they'd eventually perch on my finger. Or at least help me hum a happy working song. Honestly, is that really too much to ask?

3 comments:

MomM said...

Oh, I'll bet Heather will love these birds too! They are really cute!

shelly said...

Actually -- your mom's right! Heather had this on her blog a long time ago! And I've been wanting to make one, too...but I haven't... Once upon a time I wanted to be an ornithologist. I love birds. That's why I surprised myself this very morning when I looked up ways to GET RID OF cliff swallow nests! I never imagined I would want to do such a thing:) Looks like in California it's illegal to do so until October...it's looking like San Juan Capistrano every day here -- we have the mud and droppings to prove it!

Rachel EM said...

AHAHAHHAA Heather blogged about this BEFORE? That's amusing. Well, you know, great minds...