Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Best Friend


Presenting Miss Joni Newman, elegant woman out of a better age of time.

Joni and I met while we were in a production of A Christmas Carol four years ago. Ever since we've been very attached to each other, and it's no wonder! She's Anne of Green Gables and I'm Diana. I'm Marianne Dashwood and she's Elinor. We are the perfect complements to each other and incredibly similar.

I'm impulsive and she's the voice of reason. She wants to be an English teacher and I want to be a librarian. We love to dance. We love to sing. We love to cook. We love travel. We love film and books and analyzing them (though she's always better at that than me). We collect soundtracks. The two of us can communicate on a deep level talking very quickly and using only movie quotes. It's great!

I call her "my supplier" because she's constantly finding me new music, books, and movies to obsess about. We get together and watch British miniseries, drive about singing Broadway at the top of our lungs, scratch each others backs, take each other shopping and out to lunch, and talk at lightning speed.

What can I say about our relationship? She's my best friend. She's sensational! I love her. I adore her! And no matter what happens to us, she's constant; always there for me, and I try to be the same for her.

Lucky for Joni, she's been in England for weeks. That's not lucky for me! I want her back! I greatly dislike this distance between us. But she's bringing me European chocolate, so I suppose I really can't complain.

Love your guts, Jones!


Joni on the moor

1 comment:

Joni said...

I love you too!! Thanks, Rachel :) You're so kind :)