Thursday, November 12, 2009

As if From a Storybook


Yesterday Dylan and I had a conversation about what certain peoples in Europe were originally famous for. France, we decided had the monopoly on art, Italians for architecture, Germans for music and philosophy, and the Brits for literature. Everyone copied their neighbors of course, and we may be completely off about who originally came up with the "best" of things, but it was just a brief conjectured conversation. 

While discussing architecture, though, Dylan mentioned German castles. "I've seen a ton of great castles in France," he said, "but nothing like the ones in Germany." I quite agree with him. 

I really hope that someday I get to see Neuschwanstein Castle; it is oh so lovely. And how could any castle have a better setting? Look at those mountain ridges! "Mmm*, can't beat that."

* "Scotch tape? What is wrong with you, Kathleen?"

No comments: