Monday, November 23, 2009

17 Days of Hectic-Near-Misery


Panic! There's too much to do! I'm swamped!

I still have 25 days left before I get married, but I'm only worried about the next 17. 

I almost lost it today because I thought I'd taken care of everything and that I'd be able to do everything on my list when au contraire, something that I thought wasn't needed until tomorrow, was due immediately. I about fainted. And of course, since when I'm concentrating hard I wear a look that could burn holes into concrete, people thought I was really really angry. Sweet, patient Dylan thought I was mad at him, which couldn't be farther from the truth. Oy vey.

I am a genuinely sweet and caring person; it's a quite obvious fact to everyone I interact with. Until I have a deadline. Then I turn into stay-out-of-her-path-and-don't-speak-for-fear-of-instant-undeserved-cruelty-woman.  Sigh. I really do need to work on my tendency to snap at people during crunch time, or I may just end up murdering my future children. 

I probably would have snapped this afternoon after clogging, but by some grand mercy of the ever-benevolent God, when I walked into the locker room to drop off my clogs four separate people said things like "Rachel! It's so good to see you!" and "hey sunshine, I love you to pieces," "thanks for being so nice to me," "it's good to see you," etc. Those dear angels softened my heart (and my facial expression) and when I walked back into the hallway I felt a bit more cheerful. 

The next 17 days will pass, still leaving me intact. "Right? Of course right." Luckily there's a bunch of good stuff in those 17 days too, and I have so many good friends in my life that undoubtedly-- I'll have no choice but to smile.  Right? Oh please, please, please let that be true....

P.S. I do just want to laugh everytime somebody says they want to take me out to lunch. "When are you free?" they ask. My answer? "January."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One minute and one hour at a time! You can do it! See you soon!

Alicia said...

Well, I'll be there for some of those 17 days and I hope that cheers you. :)