Friday, January 30, 2009

Piece of Cake?

"Somehow, [frosting] I am going to get through to you. And if this is the only way, so be it."


I'm fascinated by frosting-works-of-art. In fact, I like to gawk at cakes. Bakeries should charge me for ogling their wares. Perhaps it is because one of my life's goals is to become a frosting-decorator-extraordinaire.

Be that as it may, I still for the life of me CANNOT make a frosting rose. But soon, yes soon, I will master it. How, you ask? By making cupcakes and frosting each one over and over and over and over and over until I can make it look like SmittenKitchen's. Then I will be Glinda (the bakery edition) and can hold my pastry bag aloft and say to my fear, "you have no power here, begone!"


Okay, yeah, I am totally random. But isn't it wonderful? Ahahahha

3 comments:

Heather said...

those roses are AMAZING! You'll totally master them, I know it! Then, after you figure it out you can teach me!

Melissa said...

little mermaid and wizard of oz! I love your fascination with frosting.

Rachel EM said...

Well. As long as we're on the subject Buddy, your Elmo cake was inspiring.