Friday, March 4, 2011

My Dylan

If husbands had a super-power, Dylan's would be the ability to calm me down. Those of you who've known me for years and years might say I can be a trifle... dramatic? Since I've been married, I am a much more mellow person. Really. Dylan's calming abilities tell my physical form and my mental storms that everything is ok, and to hold still. He's magic! Five minutes with him and my fire-breathing dragon insides have been lulled to tranquil sleep. Also, he gives really good hugs.


Dylan spoils me. He supports me with everything. He surprises me. He makes me laugh. He washes dishes. He eats everything I cook (even the infamous "dragon soup"). He notices what I do every day and says thank you for it. He recognizes 99% of my references and quotes to obscure things--wow! He tells me he loves me. He tells me I'm beautiful. He drives on the freeway for me cause he knows I'm afraid to. He's excited that I'm pregnant and is even more excited for our baby. Most of all Dylan is understanding, even when pregnant-me recoiled from him for the unforgivable offense of breathing on me after eating 1 soda cracker. He makes marriage easy. 

I really love him.

4 comments:

Dylan said...

It's easy to do such wonderful things when I have such an amazing wife from whom I can learn them. I love you darling.

Bill said...

You two kind of make me ill...

But happy at the same time. :)

Dylan said...

Are you sure it wasn't that soup that made you ill, Bill? That was fiery stuff...

Anonymous said...

First, I love that picture. It speaks volumes about your relationship, which looks great! Second, I know the feeling. Gavin is the same calming force to me and I've mellowed out so much since being married. Aren't wonderful husbands such a blessing?