Thursday, August 13, 2009

Major Foreign Cities I'd Like To See

On my last post Bill commented that he'd most like to see London and Sydney, which got me to thinking about which cities in the world I'd like to see most. Now remember, this is just the list of BIG cities that I want to see abroad.

Here they are in a mostly-accurate-ranking-order.

ROME
BERLIN
LONDON
ST. PETERSBURG
PARIS
KYOTO
SALZBURG
COPENHAGEN
FLORENCE
PRAGUE
ISTANBUL
MUNICH
BUDAPEST

KIEV
VIENNA
TIRANA
EDINBURGH
POSITANO
STOCKHOLM
GRENOBLE
LEIPZIG
BARCELONA
AMSTERDAM
MONTREAL
LJUBLJANA
DAMASCUS
DUBLIN
BATH
CALGARY

6 comments:

Bill said...

Istanbul, eh? But not Constantinople? ;-)

I've been to Amsterdam, and honestly, I wasn't that impressed. Perhaps it was due to my immaturity at the time (I was 16), but it just didn't compare to the cities I REALLY wanted to see. I much preferred Cologne, Germany (and Achen). In the Netherlands, Maastricht was incredible. (That's where we marched in the Easter parade on cobblestones laid down by the Romans...) Amsterdam, though, was just... dirty. :-p (Not THAT kind of dirty. We didn't go to the Red Light District!)

As for wanting to see Sydney, a lot of that is because I sort of look at Sydney as the gateway to the Outback. Plus, I want to see the operahouse.

Hmm... What other cities do I most want to see...?

Rachel EM said...

One of my best friends lives in Amsterdam. Which is, admittedly, a large part of why I want to go.

Heather said...

Do I dare tell you I've been to 5 of those cities? Yes, was amazing...all of them. What a great goal...you should try to go to ALL of these places throughout your life. Seriously though...

Rachel EM said...

Wait, Heather-- I know you've been to Rome and Copenhagen. Which other cities have you been to? London? I thought you were in the airport once...

shelly said...

Yep! Heather's been to 5. I have to say I've been to 6. I've been to Bath (as in "Bawth") without her:)

Rachel EM said...

Shelly, you get 50 points extra just for saying Bath with a brit accent!