Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Can Hear My Heartbeat


The purpose of this post is not to rave about sugar cookies (even though these look amazing).  The purpose is to whine about something. Here goes. Every night I can hear the pulse beating in my right ear. It's so obnoxious! I can't turn it off! Gah!

Apparently it's quite common for pregnant people to hear their pulse in their ear. This is not a sign of high blood pressure, it's just because of the increased blood volume and flow that are typical during pregnancy. 

I should be chanting "yippedee doo dah, it's normal to hear this!" but all I can think about is how annoying it sounds. Grrr.

5 comments:

Bill said...

Guh. I've actually had nights like that myself, though I'm guessing mine's likely more due to diabetes than pregnancy. ;-)

But yeah, it's annoying as all get-out!

Kami said...

Oh my gosh! I remember that now! AUGH! I'm sorry!

Shelly said...

That IS annoying! I don't recall that in my pregnancies, but it's always a real clue to me that I may have forgotten to take my blood pressure medication! Yikes.

Thanks for commenting on my blog, Rachel!

Alicia said...

Haven't had the heartbeat thing happen, but those cookies look fabulous!

kat said...

you are the first person who i have found who also can hear their heartbeat in their ear!!! for me i can hear it in my left - it came on pretty suddenly at approx 20 weeks and so i called my midwife and the midwives on the hospital ward just to make sure this wasn't a sign of high blood pressure (mine is really low) - and none of the midwives had ever heard about it before. very happy to hear that someone else is experiencing this too!! (and hope it's not too annoying for you)