Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dreaming of Puj

 Those of you who have been to my FABULOUS little 1940's sea-foam green house probably know about the shower. *sigh* It's the #1 drawback to our otherwise blissful rental. Well, that and the complete lack of insulation. 

What's wrong with my shower? Oh, nothing. The shower head, fully extended, sprays my nose-- which means that to douse my hair or rinse it, I have to bend my knees and squat to get underneath the spray. The tub is also very narrow. This is accentuated by the space sucking non-removable metal-track-sliding accordion door that I surmise was intended to be a shower-curtain.  (Don't worry, I covered that eye-sore with a 7' shower curtain that rocks, and put another shower curtain inside the "door" to catch water so I'll never have to clean the drasted thing.) Did I mention that door struggles to open?

Recap: shower is tiny, hard to open, has a metal track on the edge, and an accordion door in the way.

I choose to forgive the house for this evil because the majority of the home is heavenly. HOWEVER. I can tell you I am NOT looking forward to leaning over the tub to bathe my baby while that metal track digs into my ribs. The accordion door, even open all the way, will even block my access to the water source! Grr. It will not be fun.


But as I said-- I'm dreaming of Puj. A Puj baby tub, that is. Then I could even fit a baby tub into my tiny sinks! It would be soooo nice. 

Puj tubs are foldable for easy assemblage and easier storage. 



And doesn't he look comfy? Mmm. I want one. (The tub, I mean. My baby's already on the way.)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I have one! I tested it on my friend's baby and it was great! Your mom tried it out on jonathan and she hated it. I think it was because she used it in a sink that wasn't supposed to be used with it.

Anyway, I have friends who have it and LOVE it. Here's the thing though...they grow out of it FAST. You'll only be able to use it for a few months. You can come check mine out if you want! I'm really excited to use it!

Heather said...

P.S. kitchen sinks work great too...bathtubs are too big for tiny babies.

Shelly said...

Kitchen sinks can last for months! Just put a towel in the bottom so they don't slip around and you're set.

P.S. - If I were starting out, I'd want a Puj, too.