Friday, July 9, 2010

Loose Setting

A few weeks ago I noticed that my wedding ring made a rattling sound when shaken. Scared of losing a stone I took it in to be looked at. Come to find out four of the largest diamonds were loose in their settings! Gah! No idea what caused that, since I'm very protective of it, but hey.

This pic shows detail of a "bezel" setting, which the larger stones in my wedding ring are set with. Bezel settings allow gems to lay close together using tiny beads; the surface of the ring then appears to be encrusted with stones, as in this example.

Monday I get my ring back, and I'm so thrilled! She'll be clean, polished, freshly Rhodium-plated to make her white again, and with diamonds firmly in place. Just like new!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Yikes!!! Glad you got that figured out. P.S. your ring is really pretty. Really.