Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Alone & Windy


Dylan works the graveyard shift*. Have I mentioned that? He does. As it's 10:00 pm right now I'm all alone at home in a rather eerie situation. WIND is howling through the trees and spaces between houses, wailing and moaning with great enthusiasm.

I must admit it's a little unsettling having windows rattle next to me... in the dark. Eek! Silence starts and all is calm-- interrupted suddenly by howls of air whistling through tree branches. Yes sir. Just a tad creepy being here alone. One more creak of the carport roof and I may hide under the covers! :) 

*We both actually like his schedule. By working graveyard Dylan gets the same amount of hours but ALWAYS gets a three day weekend; we have more time together than if he worked during the day. 4 ten hour shifts instead of 5 eight hour shifts. Since we don't have kids (yet!) the nocturnal thing feels more like an oddity than an imposition.

1 comment:

Bill said...

And for a while after the baby comes, it might even feel MORE natural. :)

Also, I think I may have just gotten the best verification word yet. "blogna"