Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Banks of the River Jordan

Caitlin, Whitney, and Amie.

As you can see, the Jordan River today hardly resembles water at all. At least, not where I saw it. My friend Amber and I sang altered renditions of Simon & Garfunkel songs on our way home from this field trip: "the Jordan river ain't chilly nor wide... yes he did, yes he did... I've got a home on the other siiiiide... it brought joy joy joy" but I guess you have to know the song to get the point of what I'm saying-- oh whatever, just forget it. (Except you, Mom. You should figure that out. It's "You Can Tell the World," yeah?) Neither chilly, nor wide. Quite muddy though.

The tamarisk trees are quite lovely, though.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Got the reference!

Dylan said...

But can you tell the nations about that?

Melissa said...

But what about the ROUS's?

Rachel EM said...

*sigh* I love you guys.