Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Phil Says Spring is Coming


At the annual Groundhog Day celebration this morning in Punxsutawney, Pa., Phil was gently lifted from his sleep spot to perform his duties. "He surveyed his surroundings carefully and found that there was no shadow around. So an early spring it will be," says the article I'm quoting on People.com (full article here).

This morning marked Phil's 125th prediction, stemming from a tradition that began in 1887. Though there have been several Phils over the years – the Inner Circle doesn't reveal how many – the revered rodent has seen his shadow 98 times, and hasn't seen it just 16 times. Record keeping of the event didn't begin until 1900. 

Rachel's P.S.: This is the first time in memory that Phil has let me down. How could you, buddy? Where's my snow? :(

2 comments:

Julie Wilding said...

Man I love your blog. I just love it. There aren't words. Your blog is essentially you.

I guess those are words.

Rachel EM said...

I LOVE YOU, JULIE!