Monday, September 27, 2010

How about an egg?

I needed to eat something. I was getting more and more sick by the second and needed food, but of course, nothing sounded good. Dylan tried to brainstorm ideas for me.


Toast?
No. 
OJ?
No. 
Chicken?
No. And then he gets this not-so-genius idea that I want eggs. 

"I'll make them any way you want! Scrambled, boiled, fried, over easy--"
Then I, trying to be snarky, say, "Poached."
To my surprise, Dylan smiled like poached eggs weren't ridiculously hard to make. "Sure! I'll get right on that!"
"Dylan, do you even know how to make poached eggs?"
"Sure. That's when I sneak into the neighbor's house and steal their eggs."

Ohmahgosh. 

4 comments:

Bill said...

*sigh* I miss living with Dylan. SO many fun moments like this. :-)

My first thought when you started listing these was, "Boil 'em? Mash 'em? Stick 'em in a stew?"

Doesn't quite work so well with eggs...

Rachel EM said...

not if you still want them to be edible, no.

Dylan said...

For the record, I really do know how to make poached eggs. I've only done it once in my whole life, but I do know.

shelly said...

I laughed out loud. Thanks, Dylan!