Friday, August 27, 2010

School Starts Monday


I started to sing that old song, 

"School days, school days
Dear old Golden Rule days
Readin' an' writin' an' 'rithmetic
Taught to the tune of a hickory stick..."

when I realized that its melody starts out the same as "Toy Land, Toy Land, wonderful girl and boy land..." and the sour irony of school-days compared to a land of toys and merriment made me sick. Too bad. 

Actually, I'm looking forward to school this year. Other than my microbiology class, I think I'll at least understand everything that's going on in my other classes-- since they're all History, so they're sure to get stuck in my brain easily. 

I'm especially excited for a Jewish History class; but I'm scared of it too, since the course requires 15 books. Yeesh! I'm gonna need a Mazel Tov, which directly translated means "luck--good," or good luck, but rather than wishing someone luckiness instead expresses best wishes and/or congratulations. !מזל טוב  
Why thanks, I needed that. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Luck, you don't need. Study and sleep...maybe!