Tuesday, December 1, 2009

To Make A Cake


I've long fantacized about making my own wedding cake. This one (that I'm wanting to make) would not be too complicated, and would taste absolutely divine. Not to mention the fact that making it myself would save me $300, and I already have all of the ingredients, including the 15 bags of frozen raspberries needed for the filling. 


What do you think I should do? Are you of the opinion that a bride making her own wedding cake will just be a disaster, too stressful, etc? Or do you think it could turn out all right?


Also, I hate the "let's poke flowers into a cake to make it look more elegant for their wedding" philosophy. If you're not going to eat it, don't put it on the cake.  I love that this one is garnished with white and red raspberries. Not only is it elegant, but just one glance is enough to make you ache to taste it. Right? "Of course right."

2 comments:

Julie Wilding said...

I feel like you could totally and completely do it. If anyone could, you can, and then you'll like it no matter what because you will have been in charge of designing it yourself.

Alicia said...

Yeah, you could totally do it...but why? You know you could do it and it would be marvelous! And since you know you can, it's time to turn it over and let someone else help with the wedding plans. You'll have enough on your plate (ha ha) and you'll be glad your mind can focus on other things.